Why you should download
Tolerance and fit are essential concepts that engineers use to optimize the functionality of mechanical assemblies and the cost of production. For 3D printed assemblies specifically, designing for proper tolerance and fit lowers post-processing time and ease of assembly, and reduces the material cost of iteration.
Use this white paper as a resource when designing functional 3D printed assemblies, or as a starting point when designing the fit between parts printed in Formlabs Tough or Durable resins. Download the white paper now if you want more information on:
- The value of tolerances in 3D printing
- The categories and types of engineering fit
- Specific recommended design tolerances for Formlabs Tough v4 and Durable v3 resins
The coefficient of friction for Tough and Durable are also measured, which can be helpful for designing sliding or kinematic solutions.
What you will learn
Design functional 3D printed assemblies that work as intended, with the least amount of post-processing or trial-and-error. Download the white paper now to learn:
- How to choose the appropriate fit (clearance, transition, or interference) for different types of functional 3D printed assemblies
- When to use Tough or Durable resins for different fits and assembly applications
- Recommendations for lubricants, bonded components, and machining
Questions? Contact us to learn more or to speak to a 3D printing specialist.
Download Whitepaper Instantly
Fill out the form to claim your free PDF